Thursday, June 21, 2012
1. All the Gray kids can swim across the pool and tread water. Hooray!
2. A good book. Currently reading The Apothecary by Maile Meloy (No one told me she was the big sister to Colin Meloy of The Decemberists and Wildwood fame! So much talent in one family.)
3. A handful of projects with possibility. This is the positive spin that morning brings. It's tough as nails sometimes fighting through the muck to the final product. Which leads me to
4. Ira Glass on Storytelling and
5. Patience. Waiting on the Lord. Asking and listening and being still. "Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" (PS. 31:24)
6. My husband had a most unusual patient at the end of the day -- an injured box turtle. Hamilton, a female about four years old, was brought to him by animal wildlife rescue. She was struck by a car and thrown into a ditch. Her shell was in 4 pieces and the part covering her right lung was gone. Now she has a great shot at recovery! Too sweet.
8. Warm cup of coffee.
9. Blackberries from our backyard.
10. Mercies every morning. "Oh, how abundant is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you and worked for those who take refuge in you." Psalm 31:19